Monday, March 8, 2010

Web 2.0: "Wordle" - Roblyer, Edwards, Colbert and me!

Having looked over a couple of readings, I've been thinking about just what e-learning means to me.  I created this 'word cloud' (to share my thoughts and they key ideas I read about) using wordle.net (a free web 2.0 tool - the more you type in a word, the larger it appears on the final wordle) and then used the 'Grab' application (as I'm working on my school Mac) to copy it.  Finally I converted the file to JPEG to allow me to post it to this blog.  

My goodness, what a lot of brackets  ;)


Roblyer & Edwards (2003) and Colbert (2006).


Click on the wordle above to see a larger version.

2 comments:

  1. I love Wordle - we use it at school too. Makes the most interesting word banks for littlies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea - a good way to make them look a bit more interesting :) I use it with my older kids to display characteristics of people (they have to decide which characteristics are the strongest and make them in turn the biggest) and also for researching - we copy and paste in articles to get an idea of the most important/key ideas.

    ReplyDelete