Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Web 2.0: "Jing"

What a fabulous (and free) application!  Jing allows you to take screen prints easily (take a picture of your screen, it doesn't actually print anything) but most exciting, it allows you to record a video of your computer screen - it was demonstrated to me by way of a podcast video.  All the steps were recorded on the screen with step by step verbal instructions... a great way to record multi-step processes and allow students to revisit the instructions anytime they like.  I'm looking forward to using this to help my students and getting them to have a play with this programme too!

Visit http://www.jingproject.com/ to install your own copy.

A little clip off you tube showing how it's actually used...




(A little note for myself - the standard measurement off youtube doesn't fit in my blog so I need to change videos to width="416.67" height="337.5")

No comments:

Post a Comment