Monday, March 8, 2010

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao-tzu (Chinese Philosopher)

This is the beginning of my journey into the vast world of e-learning. I suppose it is a road that I have been traveling along for some time but I am looking forward to placing specific importance on it and making it a real focus. I hope that by the time this semester is complete, I am able to confidently say that my students have benefited from my new understanding, and that future students will benefit even more as I continue to educate myself in NETs (New Educational Technologies).

Today I was lucky enough to be paid a visit by Jacqui Sharp, a very knowledgeable professional - definitely someone to aspire to be more like. Jacqui introduced me to some web 2.0 applications that I'm not yet familar with and (along with this paper,) has reignited my desire to explore these tools. I intend to record these sites on my blog, both in the hope that I can introduce some of you to applications/programmes that might be handy and as a way of actually keeping track of them myself!

I'd love to hear of any experience you have on using these applications (you may be using them in a completely different way to me) and your thoughts - I'd also be very thankful if anyone would like to share their favouites that I haven't yet come across.

I've seen how these sites can get students excited about their work and allow them to think in a more creative, interesting way - something that gets me very excited!


Referencing required
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/24004.html

No comments:

Post a Comment