Sunday, March 14, 2010

Web 2.0: "Jing" and the "Wonder Wheel" (google)

I've used 'Jing' (which I mentioned last week) to put together a quick recording of how to use the 'wonder wheel' search option in google to branch off at the research stage - a neat way to enhance your use of google and find sub-topics.

Take a look  :)

PS: It's my first attempt at actually making a Jing but I think you'll agree it's a great tool!
PPS: I tried loading the video onto youtube (because blogger won't let me load up a video directly) but apparently the format isn't supported on youtube!  I've now read the help and it seems blogger has issues with Safari (on macs) so I'm downloading the newer version of Firefox which should work - fingers crossed.


Update:  Even the new version of Firefox doesn't seem to make a difference, my posting box is still missing the video clip.  Any ideas?  I might have to try on my PC tonight to see if it's a computer issue or a problem with my login.


Again, updated:  Still can't find the embedding code...

Problem Solved!!  The 'sharing' option can be changed, so instead of giving a URL link, Jing will supply you with the correct coding - allowing me to embed into this blog.


Argh!!  No luck - anyway here's the link - http://screencast.com/t/MGEzODIxMW

I pressed the wrong screen button - here we go...


Helpful hint: Click the little button on the bottom right of the video - it will enlarge the clip to full screen size, much easier to view.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, If you save the jing to screencast then you can use the embedding code in your blog.
    Rather than using youtube for your school work why not sign up for teachertube. This way students are not exposed to the distractions that exist on youtube. Also it presents a professional face to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, awesome I'll try that - thanks! Looked at that but didn't realise I could embed it (it only mentions a link).
    You're marvelous, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just worked out how to change it from the URL to coding - awesome :)

    ReplyDelete